Media + Entertainment Tech Expo Conference Call for Papers Deadline for submissions extended to 22 February 2019
Here’s your chance to take centre stage at the Media + Entertainment Tech Expo Conference.
We’re seeking expressions of interest in our call for papers for the METExpo Conference, which will be held between 17-19 July 2019 at the International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia.
METExpo is the biennial Conference and Exhibition presented by the Australia Section of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE). SMPTE is the organisation whose standards, education and membership activity has supported a century of advances in media and entertainment technology.
Be a part of Australia’s international premier forum for the exploration of innovations and applications of current and future developments in media, content creation, image and sound, and the allied arts and sciences. Our conference delegates are among the industry’s elite technology thought-leaders, decision makers and practitioners.
Our audience knows that papers at a SMPTE conference are not sales presentations. We’re looking for papers which are informational and address technical theory, research, innovation, application, or practice specific to any of the evolving technologies associated with the media and entertainment industries. We are planning a series of workshops, masterclasses, and/or panel sessions that focus on today’s challenges and provide in-depth treatment. We’ve highlighted topics below (*) which we think an operational or technical aspect would be ideally handled within a workshop/masterclass/panel discussion.
Possible Topics might include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)*
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)*
- Encoding Developments – new codecs & use of machine learning to gain efficiencies
- Ultra-High Definition (UHD)
- High Dynamic Range Technology and Artistic Implementation*
- Wide Colour Gamut Technology and Artistic Implementation*
- Blockchain applications in media
- Microservices as it relates to media
- Virtualisation and Cloud Migration as it relates to media
- IP migration (SMPTE 2110)*
- Broadcast Technology – DVB-T2, ATSC 3.0, LTE-B
- Impact and application of 5G as it relates to media
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- OTT services – a threat or opportunity?
- online gaming as it relates to media
- Case studies on interesting developments such as major projects, IMF implementations, or remote UHD (4k) production and major sports
- Asset & Workflow Management
- IMF Developments*
We’re offering special consideration to Student and Research Papers, and strongly encourage you to make submissions if you are in either category.
Previously published, product-specific, sales or promotional papers will not be considered.
To Submit an Abstract
It’s easy. You will need an EDAS sign-on (see below) and all we require at this stage is a topic heading, paper title, and a short abstract (50-100 words) that will allow us to consider your submission. You should also provide name(s) of author(s) and the presenter’s name, title, company, mailing address, telephone, and email address. We need this information no later than 18 January 2019.
Please ensure the submitted abstract is clear, concise and fully describes the subject matter covered in the proposed presentation and required manuscript. Looking forward to seeing you in Sydney next July.
Conference Chair, on behalf of the Conference Committee.
Instructions for abstract submission:
2. Select “New User”
3. Fill in required information
4. Check “I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies” box
5. Click on “Add This Person” Button
6. Proceed as per instructions in Part B to the right.
2. Log-in to EDAS (If required)
3. Enter the paper’s title
4. Add the author’s name
5. Enter the synopsis in the “Abstract” field
6. Press “Submit”
Important Note: Paper selection will be a two step process. The first phase will be an initial selection of papers by the Conference Committee based on the submitted abstract and author. The final selection will be based on the short précis and outline submitted.
Authors whose submissions are accepted will be notified of the key dates for development of their papers.